On a nice operate of a few wins in the past four online games – with the only decline to Baylor – the Cowboys are acquiring their groove just after losing 8 in 9.
How are they performing it? They are crushing groups on the boards. This was an alright crew on the glass earlier in the yr, but they’ve been hitting it tough in excess of the previous two weeks.
With a fantastic within existence and stable D from 3, they have the correct combine to end a West Virginia group that does not do a whole good deal from the outside and are living on rebounding margin.
Why West Virginia Will Win
Really do not get far too hung up on the three-recreation shedding streak. The Mountaineers shed to – arguably – the two greatest groups in the nation in Baylor and Kansas, and that’s coming off a loss at Oklahoma.
Yeah, Oklahoma Point out is undertaking a wonderful position on the boards recently, but West Virginia rebounds at a full other amount – it leads the Massive 12.
OSU doesn’t move the ball well plenty of to overcome the WVU D that forces a full lot of turnovers. Details in changeover will be a significant offer, and the home crew will get additional of them.
What is Going To Occur
At house, West Virginia will get earlier its tough operate with a sturdy effectiveness on the defensive side to transform issues back about. The forced problems will take their toll as the recreation goes on.
You are what you are file is, but this is a improved staff than the four-game shedding streak may well suggest.
Ok, shedding to Rutgers by 15 is hard to make clear, but the workforce is a terror on the boards, it’s robust at coming up with next-likelihood factors, and the defense is typically robust adequate to continue to keep teams from heading on big operates.
It is an intense group, but it does not get strike with a ton of fouls. On the flip side, no 1 in the Significant 10 commits much more fouls per activity than Penn State. Having said that …
Illinois doesn’t do much of anything to take the ball absent, and Penn State sales opportunities the Big Ten in steals. For a staff that desires to occur up with a entire good deal of quick details – particularly looking at the struggles lately – which is not likely to materialize against the incredibly hot Nittany Lions.
Penn State can rebound, much too, and it’s killing teams from the outside. Illinois has no three-issue capturing activity and it’ll get stopped way way too frequently in the fifty percent-court established.
What’s Heading To Materialize
Illinois is way overdue for a wonderful general performance, but that is not occurring versus Penn Condition appropriate now. The Nittany Lions have shed only just one dwelling game in Big 10 perform, it won’t screw up enough to give up transition points, and it’ll continue to keep the Illini from obtaining a steady offensive groove.
From the college perspective. here are rankings and quick looks at all of the cornerbacks invited to the 2020 NFL Combine.
Before getting into the top five breakdown, here’s a ranking of the best of the rest and what to look for.
2020 Pre-NFL Combine Cornerback Best of the Rest Rankings
Number in parentheses is the projected round drafted before the NFL Combine.
35. Stantley Thomas-Oliver, FIU 6-2, 184 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: Very tall with a great frame and a whole lot of good college production, there has to be a speed element – he has to give coordinators a reason to be developed. He’ll look the part, though.
34. Reggie Robinson, Tulsa 6-1, 197 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: While he’ll look the part and should come up with a decent workout, is he a free agent safety or a corner? He’s a good football player, but there has to be one standout NFL tool in the box.
33. Josiah Scott, Michigan State 5-10, 171 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: Great college player, doesn’t quite have it for the NFL – he has to prove otherwise. He’ll hit and he’ll attack the ball, but he’s undersized and might not have a set next-level role.
32. James Pierre, Florida Atlantic 6-2, 185 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: A very, very nice all-around college player with good size … does he have a role? Does he have the speed? He’s one good 40 away from being a top priority free agent.
31. Thakarius Keyes, Tulane 6-1, 200 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: Also known as BoPete, he’s a very big corner who looks the part, but can he run? A fantastic 40 gets him drafted, and he could at least be a star special teamer.
30. Javelin Guidry, Utah 5-9, 193 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: Speed, speed, speed. He can fly, and that has to be enough to overcome his lack of bulk and the work he needs to do to refine himself as an NFL corner. He has to be more than a special teamer.
29. Nevelle Clarke, UCF 6-1, 187 ((7) NFL Combine What Matters: With great length and a productive resumé, he’s got the range, but he needs to rock the quickness drills.
28. John Reid, Penn State 5-10, 181 (Free Agent) NFL Combine What Matters: Is everything cool with a knee that cost him his 2017 season? He had a strong final two years after that, but does he have the raw quickness to go along with his playmaking ability?
27. Myles Bryant, Washington 5-9, 185 (6) NFL Combine What Matters: A good, tough, productive tackler, he needs to find a spot and look the part of a corner rather than a smallish tweener.
26. Essang Bassey, Wake Forest 5-9, 190 (4) NFL Combine What Matters: A better player than an NFL athlete, he has to show enough to get past his lack of bulk. His fight is better than his bulk.
25. Trajan Bandy, Miami 5-9, 186 (5) NFL Combine What Matters: He needs a whole lot of work and he’s not a hitter, so can he be so athletic that he’ll be worth the effort?
24. Javaris Davis, Auburn 5-10, 180 (5) NFL Combine What Matters: A good-sized tackler who isn’t afraid to get physical, something has to standout from the pack to look like a top 100 pick.
23. Lavert Hill, Michigan 5-11, 192 (5) NFL Combine What Matters: One of the more interesting corners, he’s got the toughness and the pop, but can he move well enough? He could be a fringe top 100 pick with a great workout, or he could fall through the floor, but someone will love his style.
22. Harrison Hand, Temple 6-0, 192 (6) NFL Combine What Matters: Can he look, run and move like an NFL corner? He’s a good football player and he has decent size, but at least one great time would do wonders.
21. Michael Ojemudia, Iowa 6-0, 200 (5) NFL Combine What Matters: The NFL tools have to blow things up. He’s an okay player who wasn’t bad at coming up with picks. but someone will have to find a role for him.
20. Grayland Arnold, Baylor 5-10, 190 (6) NFL Combine What Matters: Versatile, he can play just about anywhere in the secondary. Can he run like an NFL corner? His 40 time will matter.
19. AJ Green, Oklahoma State 6-1, 199 (5) NFL Combine What Matters: He’s got the length and the right frame, but does he have the raw skills and timing numbers? Can he move like an elite corner and look great in the quickness drills?
18. Troy Pride, Notre Dame 5-11, 194 (4) NFL Combine What Matters: Fast, fast, fast. He was okay with the Irish with decent stats, but his stock will be about his wheels. NFL teams will find something to do with him if he runs as expected.
17. Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech 5-9, 183 (4) NFL Combine What Matters: He has to do enough to make everyone overlook his size. He’s a smallish player who made a LOT of big plays for the Bulldog D. Forget about him against the run, but can he fly and can he make everyone look back at the tape?
16. Darnay Holmes, UCLA 5-10, 192 (5) NFL Combine What Matters: Undersized but tough, he’s a battler with fantastic ball skills, but he has to be great in the short drills. At his size, he has to be in the top half of the quickest corners.
15. Lamar Jackson, Nebraska 6-2, 206 (3) NFL Combine What Matters: Someone will find a place for him, but where? Is he a corner or a safety? He’s really big, but he needs to run like an NFL cornerback.
14. Dane Jackson, Pitt 6-0, 180 (4) NFL Combine What Matters: An elite playmaker on the ball with 12 broken up passes last year, he’s a smart, tough playmaker. How smooth is he? Is he fluid?
13. Jaylon Johnson, Utah 6-0, 195 (3) NFL Combine What Matters: He has to be the guy who makes everyone buzz. He can beat up receivers, and he’ll have a few great numbers in the workouts, but he has to run well to go along with what should be a top vertical.
12. Stanford Samuels, Florida State 6-2, 185 (3) NFL Combine What Matters: Get ready for him to be one of the more polarizing prospects. He’s tall with a great frame and he can play, but he just doesn’t quite look the part. He could go anywhere from the late third to the early sixth depending on his workout.
11. Kindle Vildor, Georgia Southern 5-10, 185 (4) NFL Combine What Matters: The tools aren’t going to be there. He’s too small, not a blazer, and he isn’t going to do much against an NFL running game, but he’s always around the ball. Something about his workouts have to standout, though.
10. Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn 5-11, 200 (3) NFL Combine What Matters: There’s a whole lot to like as a tough corner or a potentially great safety – one great combine makes him a must-have. It might take a little work, but the upside is massive.
9. Damon Arnette, Ohio State 6-0, 195 (2) NFL Combine What Matters: What are his times in the short drills? He’s a good football player and can hit, but just how quick-twitch is he?
8. Cameron Dantzler, Mississippi State 6-2, 185 (2) NFL Combine What Matters: This is his shot to move up into a top 50 prospect and possibly a first rounder. He has the size and he’s about to show off as one of the best athletes in Indy.
7. AJ Terrell, Clemson 6-1, 190 (2) NFL Combine What Matters: Opinions on him are going to be all over the place. He’s an interesting baller of a corner who doesn’t necessarily look quite right – he looks like a wideout – but he’s got the skills to be a Day One starter. His 40 will be everything, at least in Indy.
6. Jeff Gladney, TCU 6-0, 183 (2) NFL Combine What Matters: As tough as any corner in Indy, he’ll battle, scrap and come up with a whole lot of tackles. Will the scouts be okay with his smallish body type? A good 40 is a must.
NEXT: Top 5 Cornerback Prospects Before the 2020 NFL Combine
It’s been a rough year – and the first time all-around was not really at home in a 79-53 reduction to the Jayhawks – but this is still a unsafe group at forcing takeaways and coming up with blocks for stops.
Can the Cyclones hold down the KU exterior match? They’re not good at stopping groups from three, but which is not a dilemma against a Jayhawk offense that does not do much to bomb absent.
The D has to appear up with simple details off the blunders, and Kansas has to be a bit off, but …
Kansas isn’t that bad from the outside, and Iowa Condition genuinely just can’t stop everyone from hitting threes.
Iowa Condition is great at shifting the ball around, but Kansas is way too good at closing out on the 3, it is greater on the within, and it is not likely to enable sufficient next chance details to issue.
How did the Jayhawks earn the very first time around? They strike every thing from a few – connecting on more than 50% from the exterior – stuffed the Iowa Condition shooters, and bought out to a substantial lead and cruised from there.
What’s Going To Materialize
Kansas is on a roll, participating in much better and sharper as the 10-recreation successful streak has long gone on. Iowa Point out will be improved in the first 50 % than it was in the first sport, but it will not be approximately sufficient as the offense goes cold in the next 50 percent.
WKU football schedule 2020 prediction, breakdown, analysis, ranking just about every match.
WKU Football Timetable 2020
Sept. 5 Chattanooga
Sept. 12 at Indiana
Sept. 19 Liberty
Sept. 26 at Louisville
Oct. 3 at Middle Tennessee
Oct. 10 Marshall
Oct. 17 at UAB
Oct. 24 Open Date
Oct. 31 Aged Dominion
Nov. 7 at Florida Atlantic
Nov. 14 Southern Miss
Nov. 21 FIU
Nov. 28 at Charlotte
Convention Usa West Teams Skipped: Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Rice, UTEP, UTSA
WKU Football Program 2020 Prediction, Best Circumstance Situation
9-3: The Hilltoppers pull off a surprising break up on the highway from Indiana and Louisville, will get by Center Tennessee and UAB, and goes on a run from there. There’s at the very least just one massive slip alongside the way, but a gain above Florida Atlantic on the highway sales opportunities the way to an East title and an visual appearance in the Meeting Usa championship.
4-8: WKU loses all a few highway game titles above the initial 50 percent of the year and drops the day at Marshall to set the force on the next 50 % of the 12 months. A loss at FAU and dwelling reduction to Southern Skip use to a losing time.
Old Dominion soccer schedule 2020 prediction, breakdown, evaluation, ranking each individual game, sport periods.
Outdated Dominion Football Schedule 2020
Sept. 4 Wake Forest
Sept. 12 Hampton
Sept. 19 FIU
Sept. 26 Center Tennessee
Oct. 3 at UConn
Oct. 10 Open up Day
Oct. 17 at UTSA
Oct. 24 Virginia
Oct. 31 at WKU
Nov. 7 UAB
Nov. 14 at Charlotte
Nov. 21 at Florida Atlantic
Nov. 28 Marshall
Convention Usa West Teams Missed: Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Rice, Southern Miss, UTEP
Previous Dominion Football Plan 2020 Prediction, Ideal Scenario Scenario
8-4: The Ricky Rahne era commences with four straight house game titles, and the Monarchs regulate to gain three of them in advance of having down the two UConn and UTSA on the highway. There’s a issue in excess of a rough second 50 % of the calendar year, but it is all gravy following having bowl qualified early on. Even so, wins over UAB alongside with an upset make it a potent run.
Old Dominion Soccer Timetable 2020 Prediction, Worst Circumstance State of affairs
3-9: Dwelling losses to FIU and Center Tennessee are terrible, but struggling in opposition to UConn and UTSA on the highway are worse. There is no margin for error in November, but the Monarchs drop dates at Charlotte and in opposition to Marshall in a disappointing end.
Middle Tennessee soccer plan 2020 prediction, breakdown, evaluation, position each and every recreation, match periods.
Middle Tennessee Football Program 2020
Sept. 5 at Duke
Sept. 12 Indiana Condition
Sept. 19 Virginia Tech
Sept. 26 at Aged Dominion
Oct. 3 WKU
Oct. 10 at FIU
Oct. 17 North Texas
Oct. 24 at Rice
Oct. 31 Open Date
Nov. 7 Charlotte
Nov. 14 at Marshall
Nov. 21 at UConn
Nov. 28 Florida Atlantic
Conference United states of america West Groups Skipped: Louisiana Tech, Southern Skip, UAB, UTEP, UTSA
Middle Tennessee Football Schedule 2020 Prediction, Greatest Scenario Scenario
9-3: The Blue Raiders shock Duke on the road as element of a 3-1 September, and then they take treatment of home. They get by WKU, North Texas and Charlotte in Murfreesboro, and only fall just one of the closing 5 manageable highway video games. A massive win about FAU at dwelling sends them to the Meeting Usa championship.
Center Tennessee Soccer Schedule 2020 Prediction, Worst Case State of affairs
4-8: MT biffs the road match at Old Dominion just after dropping the two September video games from ACC teams. After dropping to WKU and FIU for a 1-5 begin, there is very little margin for mistake. Dropping at Marshall and versus FAU ruins the period.
Marshall soccer program 2020 prediction, breakdown, assessment, position each individual game, match situations.
Marshall Soccer Timetable 2020
Sept. 5 at East Carolina
Sept. 12 Pitt
Sept. 19 at Ohio
Sept. 26 Boise State
Oct. 3 Rice
Oct. 10 at WKU
Oct. 17 at Louisiana Tech
Oct. 24 Florida Atlantic
Oct. 31 at FIU
Nov. 7 Open Date
Nov. 14 Middle Tennessee
Nov. 21 Charlotte
Nov. 28 at Aged Dominion
Meeting Usa West Groups Missed: North Texas, Southern Pass up, UAB, UTEP, UTSA
Marshall Soccer Schedule 2020 Prediction, Most effective Scenario State of affairs
10-2: The Herd at the very least split the residence online games in opposition to Pitt and Boise State early on, and they take down East Carolina and Ohio in the early street games for a significant September. They survive the run of a few street video games in four October dates with at the very least two wins, and they roll as a result of an straightforward November on the way to the Convention Usa title recreation.
Marshall Football Agenda 2020 Prediction, Worst Circumstance Situation
5-7: There is a problem on the street. Marshall shed the opener against Eu to established a terrible tone, it cannot get by Pitt or Boise Point out in Huntington, and it loses two of the 3 Oct highway video games. a November decline helps make it a getting rid of period.
Oregon is again at residence. It dropped its previous two street video games, but it has won its very last 9 video games at home, and it managed to defeat Utah in Salt Lake City.
The Ducks have been able to hit from the area – and they rallied again from the exterior late – served by a D that held on when it had to.
The offense has the ability blow up from 3, and now it’s going from a Utah defense that doesn’t force the ball adequate on the perimeter and does not do a full lot to halt teams from hitting from the outdoors.
Oregon will pressure takeaways. Utah will not do that more than enough.
Why Utah Will Earn
Oregon’s offense is a bit off lately. It misplaced two of its final three games with the O struggling to locate its groove just after a sound operate.
Utah lost to a even now unbeaten San Diego Condition back again in December, but it received its very last five residence games due to the fact then. It will help to be great on the defensive boards – Oregon is just ok at hitting the glass – and it is capable to move the ball all around just perfectly enough to get over the strain that is coming
It was close the initial time all over right up until late, and this time at property, Utah will be greater on the absolutely free toss line – it is a much improved team on the line.
What’s Heading To Come about
Utah might be getting a full bunch of challenges placing the ball in the hole about the last many online games, but it’ll thrust the Ducks just properly plenty of to make this interesting.
Oregon will make its shots late in the next 50 % with a fantastic operate that the Utes won’t be able to go on.
How several more suffocating blowout wins does this staff have to appear up with prior to it will get even much more like in the polls?
Boise Condition shoots nicely from the area, and it can connect from three, but it doesn’t rebound all that effectively and it doesn’t have a complete ton going on on the inside of.
San Diego State’s protection continues to be phenomenal, and it is able to match any individual from thread it is good at not creating blunders. Boise Point out is not likely to create any easy details – it doesn’t power plenty of turnovers.
Why Boise State Will Earn
Boise Point out is incredibly hot, successful six of its past seven and its previous nine games at dwelling.
It’s acquiring the job finished on defense, specially halting groups from finding snug from the exterior, it’s hitting its no cost throws late in online games, and it is capable to hit 3 – in particular at house.
San Diego Point out may well be astounding, but it can struggle at times on the boards, and it’s not robust on the totally free throw line. The Broncos will need to have all the things to go their way.
What is Likely To Transpire
San Diego Condition isn’t likely to get out to the significant early commence like it did when it went into halftime up 48-25 on Boise State many weeks ago. It’s likely to be a challenging environment for the Aztecs, and they’ve already gained the Mountain West championship, but they’ll fight via and pull off the acquire late. They are not going to sluggish down now that they are genuinely and definitely having completely ready for the tournaments.
San Diego State vs. Boise Point out Prediction, Line